- Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you. Extend your arms and reach for your toes, bending at the waist but do not lift your knees. Hold this stretch for 15-20 seconds before you relax. Repeat this stretch three times. If you have lower back pain or sciatica, be careful when doing this stretch as it can aggravate lower back problems.
- Sit on the floor with one leg straight and the other bent so the sole of your foot rests against your leg. Reach forward toward your toes on the straight leg and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
- While standing, cross your feet and gently lower your arms toward your feet. Keep your knees straight while you hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Switch feet and repeat the stretch on the other side.
- Stand with one foot against the wall with your heel on the ground. Put your hands on the wall at shoulder height. Step back while gently pushing forward to the wall but remember to keep your back straight and hold it for up to 30 seconds. This works to help loosen calf muscles as well. Repeat these steps three times on each leg.
- Use a foam roller under your thighs and put your hands on the ground behind you so that your weight is supported. Roll back and forth until you find a tight spot. Maintain the pressure for up to 30 seconds.
With a little care, your hamstrings will remain healthy and pain-free, so you can be more active. Caring for your hamstrings is easy, especially with a foam roller. This tool will not only help soothe sore muscles, but it can also help heal them. The MojiHeat Heated Roller combines the benefits of traditional foam rolling with the comfort and relaxation of therapeutic heat. It’s one of the best ways to alleviate pain in your legs.