Can I Recover Faster?
Tips and tricks on how to accelerate your recovery after exercising
Sean Lee, NASM ACE – CPT, NSCA – CSCS
Fitness Expert, Barrington, IL
How can I accelerate my recovery after exercise?
First, adopt a systematic and comprehensive recovery process as it’s a critical factor in the long term success of any training program. Secondly, be consistent in following it. Consider the several key factors listed below. Integrating them will accelerate recovery and enhance exercise performance & results.
1. Allow time for cooling down after activity
3. Consume a mix of carbohydrates & proteins
4. Do the best you can to get eight to ten hours of sleep each night
5. Integrate stress management techniques (ie. massage)
6. Dedicate workouts specifically for recovery (ie. active recovery – pool workouts)
7. Allow time for passive recovery between strenuous exercise sessions